Outlook Send Error: “The operation failed. An object could not be found” or “Object not found”
Description: the “object not found” error message is triggered when you are trying to send an email from Outlook. The regular reasons are:
- Your Outlook profile is corrupt
Solution: go to the Windows Control Panel -> Mail -> Mail Setup -> Show Profiles -> Add. Create a new Outlook profile, add your email account(s) to it, open Outlook with your new profile and try sending the message again.
- Your automatic SMTP settings are not picked up correctly
Solution: manually configure your outgoing SMTP server settings in Outlook. The easiest way to do it is by removing your email account (from the Outlook file menu -> Account Settings) and adding it again (this time make sure you do not use the option to auto-detect mail server settings). If you are unsure about the SMTP values, please contact your email provider.
- While using Outlook in Workgroup or Corporate modes, one of your Outlook PST data files was moved or erased
Solution: create a new Outlook profile and re-add your data files to it. For step by step instructions, please see below:
- Quit Outlook
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\
- Locate the registry key that contains the old personal folders entry, right-click the key in the right pane, and then clickDelete.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart Outlook.